Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Final Reflection


Final Reflection


I feel that my writing has improved this semester from past years. I am not a good writer in the first place so there was much to work with however, I do feel that I had good research skills which helped me to get good information on my writing topics. Also, documentation became really easy to incorporate because of the Little Seagull handbook. It really came in handy when it came to writing my essays.
            I learned many things this semester, one being the importance of having credible sources and incorporating them into my work. I have never been accused of plagiarism and never been afraid of being accused because everything is in my own words. Therefore, citing everything I take from the web is one of my first things to do when writing a paper or anything for that matter.
            Another skill that I have acquired is the formation of an outline. The sample outline that we received and is available to the class helped me the most out of everything. It helped me structure my writing into a functioning form where all I had to do was basically just put it onto paper or on my computer by combining each part. It also helped me to find quotations and supporting sentences for my own writing.
            My growth over the semester has exceeded my expectations. I now know how to make a formal outline and document certain sources and how to cite them. These are a couple of the things that I came into writing composition unsure of how to use them in my writing, but now I do.
            All in all, I feel that the most useful tool was my professor. All of our in-class assignments really helped me to understand the writing process and how to use it. Any questions I had were answered during discussion in class and it was a very comfortable atmosphere to write in. My group project this semester also went very well because all members participated and we actually became close enough to where if someone was absent we could rely on one another to inform them on what we learned that day. This class really helped me to open up and broaden my horizon in terms of what to write about.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your hard work this semester. Your contribution and presence in the class was appreciated. You will continue to do great things!! The best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete